Chris Moon Creative

Sunday, October 17, 2010

The good, the bad, the ugly..

Cue relevant theme music......

Had to pop down to Cresta Centre yesterday - crikey, twice in a month, this is getting a bad habit, but 'onest guv' I needed a new 'puter screen and I thought, on the off chance, I might find a copy of the new Grinderman album (ha, ha, fat chance!).

So, out wi' the handy cell-camera for a few window piccies to maul on line.I'm using the cellie camera more and more, I get irate looks and was chased out of Eastgate a couple of weeks ago for daring to brandish my usual camera (though that might've been merely due to an overly authoritative security guard wanting to make a point).

I'm collaborating with a few other window-dressery types online to do a worst of best of thing, Ingrid Summers being one of the co-conspirators....

So without further ado, Here's Foschinni, well placed in the mall nice, neat, nothing overtly ooohhhmygawrsh, but typically (for Foschinni) well balanced/lit/etc etc. Put it in the 'good' catagory...



Identity, a young fashion chain, linked to Truworths I think. Fun window, catchy theme but let down by not really connecting to the merchandise, in fact almost overpowering the stock - too much prop, methinks.














Now, this I call bad. Neatly dressed, well lit, prime bloody position in the mall, but come on?!?! Where's the effort, would a leeeetle propping go astray? It's obviously a matric dress window. No idea on mannequin placement in relation to mannequin or window frame... The cost of the garments alone tells me that couldn't a leeetle budget be found to get decent windows in?















Miladies at the mo' must be one of the most boring clothing chains around, apart from that other one ermmmm, dammit, the name slips my mind at present. Look at this...be still my heart. Up, up and errrr, take it away....The accessories window leaves me equally cold...I think it has to do with my aversion to mirror-chrome, next thing it'll be all burnt orange and shag-pile - watch.













These guys need their posteriors well kicked, very good position, within the 'entertainment' section at Cresta, across from a Barnyard venue and right next to a Spur. The stock available alone could create a window of awesomeness. Surfwear/t-shirts/skateboards. What do we get:
"In Your Wildest Jeans"?????? oh dear, Billabong, I think somewhere along the line there's been too much sun and toke too many.


Then I went blind... or perhaps the hangover was kicking in...I actually forget the name of the place, I was in shock, City Girl or City Nights or some such- big, neon, red. There should be some kind of law in malls about this kind of thing, there are no words to describe the horror, perhaps they are trying to be cynically hip in some way...Take it awaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyy....

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh...City girl? did the "dolls" not actually have hands ro did they forget to put their hands on? Good thing they were standing....seems if you got the floor position you lost your armas too!
    shocking, shocking, shocking

    What a wasted window for Billabong...such potential.
    Wow Chris.....we need to get some action on the go soonest!!!
    :-)))

    ReplyDelete